FireWise Consultants offers multiple ways to assist an entire firm with their design, spec writing and more importantly, the approval process for passive fire protection products. Many times unnecessary delays occur on projects due to plans being inaccurate or missing details. Along with this other delays occur when new details are submitted and improperly presented to the city plan review team and/or during the field inspection. FireWise Consultants has numerous programs for design firms to assist from the start to finish of all types of projects, saving countless hours and significant dollars as well as eliminating many unforeseen onsite delays. A few of these examples are:
- Design Implementation - We can review the plans and add up to date UL Systems by a single or multiple manufacturer based on the project specific requirements and construction team's needs. Along with this we can obtain the necessary Engineering Judgments, if required, and properly format them for your jurisdiction. Finally, we can implement all of this directly onto your contract documents to help you ensure a complete and secure design.
- LIVE Tracking of Systems/Engineering Judgments/Questions - We can offer a service to have a 24/7 live feed of your approved project details, RFI's and non approved conditions to help organize and communicate solutions at a moment's notice. Please contact to discuss further.
- Assist in Plan Review and onsite inspection meetings -FireWise Consultants will be at important meetings to help explain and review items listed on the plans or questions from the field. This will assist inspectors in understanding the products and paperwork with an unbiased opinion. No salesman or single manufacturer trying to push only their solution.
- Single Point of Contact - FireWise Consultants can work with your company to be a single resources for ALL of your projects and offices. This eliminates overlapping efforts when trying to find things like systems, designs, code sections and various understandings of code interpretations. We will develop a custom monthly retainer to allow for all the necessary time needed to resolve these issues.
- BIM Review - Analyze and review current BIM Model as the project is designed through construction to call out unforeseen issues, recommend solutions/changes and present the most cost effective installations. Option to label details with recommended systems or tie them back to the construction documents.
- Specification review/writing - Code continues to change and products come and go. We can keep your firm up to date with an unbiased review and ongoing updates of your specifications to make sure you are listing the correct companies and product. We can also offer owners unique products to assist in cost savings over the total life of the building.
- Code Consulting - Many times Passive Fire Protection Products have code interpreted differently depending on the parties involved. We can offer assistance and guidance to help you understand these confusing areas to make sure the entire construction team is aware of what is required and work with the building officials to have an organized plan.
- Assist in RFI reviews
- In Person Plan/Submittal Review - Walk through your plans and specs in person to point out areas that are often missed and lead to future delays. Review contractor's submittals to make sure they meet plan and spec requirements. Finally, by making sure plans and specs are up to date we will help eliminate many unnecessary change orders and delays down the road.