Firestop and other Passive Fire Protection Products continue to be one of the leading areas on a project that cause delays and change orders. FireWise Consultants gives you the General Contractor a trusted partner to have a single point of contact to eliminate these issues for any and all of their projects and keep you ahead of schedule. Employees will have a direct point of contact to promptly answer anything from the simplest of questions to being onsite in a moments notice to work with your team to provide solutions, not more delays or questions. Below are examples of areas we can help your project run smoother, faster and be built to the highest standards while meeting all of the requirements for Fire Protection.
- Pre Construction Meetings - We can organize and lead pre-construction meetings with all trades as well as inspection to make sure an organized plan is in place for construction and code/specifications are followed.
- Expediting Document Approvals - We have designed a customized system to help expedite the approval of tough documents like Engineering Judgments. Due to our experience and knowledge of the code requirements we can promptly work directly with your Inspection team and project team to understand the issues, code requirements, provide multiple solutions and properly present them in the correct method as needed. This proven method has eliminated meeting after meeting of questions, rejections, unanswered requests and improperly designed documents.
- Quality Control - FireWise Consultants has created a hands on, onsite quality control program to build a collaborative process between the design, construction and inspection/review team. Please contact us for further information.
- Single Point of Contact - FireWise Consultants can work with your company to be a single resources for ALL of your projects and offices eliminating overlapping efforts and helping all parties from estimation to installation.
- Problem Solving - We are an experienced resource for you or your field team to contact when a new condition is noticed on the plans or in the field. We work with you to give multiple unbiased solutions in a timely manner to find the most efficient system for the project's needs.
- BIM Review - Analyze and review current BIM Model as the project is designed through construction to call out unforeseen issues, recommend solutions/changes and present the most cost effective installations. Option to label details with recommended systems or tie them back to the construction documents.
- LIVE Tracking of Systems/Engineering Judgments/Questions - We can offer a service to have a 24/7 live real time feed of your approved project details, RFI's and non approved conditions to help organize and communicate at a moments notice. Please contact us to discuss further.
- Plan and Bid Review - Many times during the bidding phase multiple contractors review the plans and, if not clearly labeled, interpret installation requirements differently. This causes bids to not be on an equal playing field and may lead to numerous change orders and delays in the future. By using FireWise Consultants to assist in bid and plan review you have an experienced partner pointing out all key areas to make sure the bids are as complete and accurate as possible. We can also help point out unforeseen issues.
- Inspection - As a trained special Firestop Inspector we can offer our services to provide this scope of work when required per section 1705.16 of the IBC/CBC. As a consultant we know what is required of the ASTM standards and can run a QC program to ensure your installers are properly planned for these inspections.
- Specification Review - We can work with you and the Architect to make sure specifications are up to date and offer the best installations per code requirements. We can review submittals and determine if they match up to all items listed in the specifications.
- Unbiased Review of Products - When new field conditions occur we can analyze the situation and offer multiple unbiased options to best fit the code requirements. We can easily lay out the positives and negatives of each solution to assist you better when presenting the proposed solution to the authority having jurisdiction.